Saturday, February 9, 2013

The white flag has officially been waved!

Well... Bennie completed 9 doses of this treatment which was quite a feat. The Dr. Came by and said he looked good, and that if he wanted to do one more he could. Bennie said no way ... If I do one more I will die. I agreed with Bennie ... One more and he would be in for a world of trouble. It was pretty rough, but I was so excited for Bennie to begin his recovery. In my mind I thought that Bennie would be coming off the medicine and start to return to his normal self in a few hours. It then hit me how sick he was when that evening he still was completely out of it, and flat out miserable. His throat was hurting so bad from thrush that is a side effect from treatment. Also, he was itching terribly from the sunburn looking rash all over his body. We tried to get these side effects treated, but as of today he is still suffering and still out of it. Normal Bennie is not back yet, and he has slept for the past two days straight. I was sad because he was a little grumpy, and not his normal self who I missed so much. It is sad when you try to do everything to get the person you love to feel all better, but nothing works. I learned it just takes patience!! He endured one of the toughest cancer treatments out there, and it will take time for him to bounce back. He will be back to Regular Bennie in no time. I am praying tomorrow is better and we are able to get home! Its funny to talk to him, and you think you are having a great conversation.... and look over and he is passed out! I got to go have dinner tonight with the kids while Barney sat at the hospital with Bennie. I loved having some time with them, and miss them sooooooo much!!! They are starting to have a tough time and cried to see daddy when they dropped me back off at the hospital. I promised them we would be coming home soon, and hope tomorrow is the day so bad! Bennie is finally free from all the monitors, and I am hoping we get a good nights rest without all the alarms from the machines going off.

No comments:

Post a Comment