Sunday, March 3, 2013

Eagle has landed

We are home!!! We got home yesterday evening, and a day earlier! Bennie is doing alright with the normal side effects like itching, fatigue, weak, ect. The kids are so happy, and I Am beyond happy to be back home and with them!! All we have planned this week is blood work on Wednesday, and nursing Bennie back to his normal self. It is so nice to come back home to a bed, and sleep in it without nurses coming in every 5 minutes. Interleukin sure isn't fun, but Bennie is a strong guy to take it on. We got an itemized statement that shows how much was billed to insurance... For one week it was 152,000 dollars! Each bag of the interleukin cost 15,000 dollars. So the first week Bennie had 9 bags. He had the equivalent to a house infused into him. So that was interesting to see. Luckily our insurance is nice and approved to pay for it. One night to stay in the room costs 1500. I need to request a better chair for that amount. My own personal pillow top mattress, and Perry's steakhouse dinner should be waiting for me for that price. In other news, the Dr. said Bennie wouldn't be able to go to Hawaii. I almost fell over until he finished with the only way he could go is if you take me too. I was about to throw my shoe at him. All the Dr.s and nurses that we have had at MD Anderson have been wonderful!!!! Everyone is so nice there, and we have been lucky to have met some great people there. I have met a lot of people through blogs and support groups that have been so wonderful to me, and wouldn't be able to get through this without them. We are still so blessed by so many people helping us out everyday!! Thank you so much!!! Also, we are so happy that this last week is over, and we are still praying for a great recovery week so we can depart to Hawaii.

No comments:

Post a Comment