Friday, March 8, 2013

Chugging Along

Bennie is still recovering, and heading in the right direction. He is still really tired, and his appetite is still in the process of bouncing back. He went to work for a little bit on Thursday, and when I picked him up (he's not supposed to drive for a week after treatment) he said he had a headache. He took some medicine for it, and it got worse really fast and then he even got sick from it. He was not doing good..and looked pretty bad. I was so worried, and also a little sad. It's hard to see him in pain, and looking that sick. Most days he is improving, but then you see him look so sick and realize what he is battling against. He went to bed at 6, and then woke up the next morning at around 7 am. He felt better. Last night I read the discharge sheet that you have to keep hydrated throughout the day, and eat throughout the day to keep blood sugar stable. His blood work shows he is anemic (normal side effect)... So not eating and drinking can bring on a bad headache. He doesn't really feel like eating or drinking so you have to bug him to do it. He was going back to work again, and so I texted Matt (bennies coworker and good friend) and asked him to try and throw him some crackers and water throughout the day.... So someone else could bug him for once!! Well Bennie caught on, and knew something was up at work!! But he feels great tonight, and thank you to Matt for helping Bennie with that today! Bennie was not about to stay home from work. He loves it, and can't wait to be there when he can. He seems to be back on the path to recovery, and now I think he learned his lesson that he just has to put in a little more care to his body. He is so sensitive right now to all that, and his blood is just off right now. We are still excited to leave Monday, but after seeing him sick the other night it has me a little on edge. Everything was going so good for a couple of days then went downhill. I'm cautiously optimistic going into this weekend, and just want to make sure he rests and takes care of his body! It's hard to make him do that, because he has so many projects and he's just a busybody!!!! He can't sit still, and never has been able to. Lucky for me, I always have someone to do my house projects for me. We had a relaxing evening watching Duck Dynasty tonight, and I haven't heard him laugh that hard in a while. I've never really watched that show before, and it was hilarious!! Well I will update again Sunday to let you know if Bennie survived his rest, and ill let y'all know if the kids are safe. My amazing father in law built a tree house (my dream tree house from when I was younger) while we were at the hospital last week. The kids are playing in it all day Saturday, and its about 8 feet in the air. If Bennie doesn't get sick again (which he won't because he knows his duties now) and the kids stay in the tree house (they will because their JuJu and Pawpaw will be playing up there with them) we will still be on a plane to Hawaii! My parents got to Hawaii on Wednesday, and said there are whales everywhere! When we get back he will get rescanned the following week to see if these treatments have helped. If they have.. He will get readmitted the next week for another round. If its not helping we go to plan B... Which we aren't positive yet what that is. Until that day we are just going to look forward to spending some much needed family time together!

No comments:

Post a Comment